Here are just a few recipes ideas for you to try your hand at. Enjoy!
Apple & Gingerbread Crumble
4-5 large cooking apples
225g plain flour
A pinch of sea salt
200g cold unsalted butter
150g demerara sugar
75g porridge oats
75g ground almonds
1 jar Gingerbread Gloop!
1. Peel, core and slice the apples, mix with the Gloop! and tip into your pie dish.
2. Using a food processor, pulse the flour, salt and cold butter (cut into cubes) until the mix resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Stir in the sugar, oats and almonds then squeeze a few handfuls of the mixture to make small lumps.
4. Tip evenly over the apples and cook in a preheated oven at 180°c for 40-45 mins.
Serve hot with cream, custard or ice cream.
Lemon & White Chocolate Tartlets Makes 6
100g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
65g softened unsalted butter
50g golden caster sugar
1 free range egg yolk
1 tsp lemon zest
1 jar Lemon & White
1. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a food processor.
2. Add remaining ingredients apart from the Gloop! and pulse until just combined.
3. Bit by bit take spoonfuls of the mixture and press into small tartlet cases or Yorkshire pudding trays at about 3mm thick.
4. Chill for 20-30mins then bake in a preheated oven at 170°c for 12-15 mins until golden.
6. Cool, divide Gloop! between the cases and top with fruit.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
185g soft unsalted butter
185g dark chocolate
3 large free range eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
250g caster sugar
110g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 jar Chocolate Fudge Gloop!
1. Sieve the flour and salt together and in a separate bowl beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
2.Gently melt the butter and chocolate and cool slightly before beating in the egg mix and then the flour until smooth.
3. Scrape half the mix into a lined tin roughly 20cm x 20cm and freeze for about 15mins.
4. Then evenly spoon over the Gloop, freeze again, followed by the rest of the mixture.
5. Cook for about 25 mins in a preheated oven at 180°c until pale on top and gooey inside.
Serve as a treat at tea time or with ice cream or clotted cream for a delicious pudding.
Cinnamon Ice Cream
with Salted Caramel
4 free range eggs, separated
100g caster sugar
300ml / ½pt double cream
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Whisk the egg whites until stiff then slowly add the sugar whilst continuing to whisk until incorporated and stiff.
2. Separately whisk the cream until soft peaks form then, again whilst continuing to whisk, add the egg yolks one by one and the cinnamon.
3. Carefully fold the egg white into the cream, gently mixing until just combined.
4. Tip into a plastic container and freeze for at least 2 hours then serve drizzled with gently warmed Salted Caramel Gloop!
Tip. Serve in a meringue basket with a few sliced strawberries for an extra indulgent dessert.